This year’s exciting Writers’ Festival features selected archival events, new works from Agnes Scott students, readings by returning Festival guests, and the Georgia premiere of a theatrical performance. For more information, visit calendar.agnesscott.edu.
And, stay tuned! There is more to come!
Tuesday, April 6
- Archival Event: Cristina Garcia, Writers’ Festival 2013, 4-5 p.m., hosted by Dr. James Stamant
- Reading: Agnes Scott Student Finalists in the Writers’ Festival Contest, 6:30-7:30 p.m., hosted by the Agnes Scott Center for Writing and Speaking
Wednesday, April 7
- Archival Event: Memye Curtis Tucker, Writers’ Festival 1993, 2-3 p.m., hosted by Dr. Nicole Stamant
- Archival Event: Melissa Fay Greene, Writers’ Festival 1994, 4-5 p.m., hosted by Melissa Fay Greene
- Reading: Tiana Clark, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Georgia Poetry Circuit & Kirk Event Series, hosted by the Department of English
Thursday, April 8
- Q&A Session: Festival Guests Rita Dove and Jacqueline Goldfinger, 1-1:50 p.m., moderated by Dr. Robert Meyer-Lee
- Archival Event: Rita Dove, Writers’ Festival 1991, 2-3 p.m., hosted by Dr. Nicole Stamant
- Roundtable: selected former winners of the Writers’ Festival Contest, 4-5 p.m., moderated by Professor Kamilah Aisha Moon
- Presentation of Awards: Writers’ Festival Contest Winners, 2021, 8-8:30 p.m., by Professor Alan Grostephan
- Reading: Rita Dove, 8:30-9:30 p.m.
Friday, April 9
- Reading: Jacqueline Goldfinger, 5-6 p.m.
- Performance: the Georgia Premiere of Goldfinger’s The Arsonists, hosted by Dr. David Thompson. This event will be available for streaming April 9-11.